Fine Arts Courses
Academic Group Courses
A multi-disciplinary education experience
Italian language, literature, culture and fine-arts in Florence since 1995.
Accademia del Giglio is a leading center for interdisciplinary research and teaching in the Italian Studies, Humanities and Arts. Linked by a common interest in the Italian Culture in all its declinations, students can engage the historical and cultural dimensions of Italian Language, Culture and Literature, in fields as diverse as Italian political question, gender, media studies, arts and popular issues (food, moda, fashion).
In the cradle of the RenaissanceThe school has its premises in a 19th century building in the center of Florence just in front of the Bargello National Museum. The area is close to the Cathedral and the Palazzo Vecchio, the town hall.
The student is literally immersed in the artistic, historical and cultural heart of Florence, the so-called "cradle of the Renaissance", within walking distance of the most prestigious monuments of the Romanesque, Gothic and the 15th century art.
Leisure activities and
To supplement the cultural and language programme our students can take
advantage of a variety of extra-curricular
activities organized each
week by our teachers, including watching films, evenings out and visits
to the main Florentine museums, as well as day
trips to the Cinque
Terre and to the world known
Tuscan medieval towns (Pisa, Siena, Lucca etc.). Last but not least,
students can use our wi-fi area
for their leisure time.
Student services and moreCarefully selected accommodation in student flats, studios or homestay. Internet wi-fi access, "giovanissimo" (for teen-agers), pick-up service, visa and permit of stay assistance, "in due" (for making Italian friends), and last but not least, our blog: www.adgblog.it the blog of Accademia del Giglio with hundreds of articles, infos, tips, videos, language exercises and much more, every day!
All our courses take place in the school premises and are held by our qualified and experienced teaching staff.
Small classes: Italian language course has a maximum of 7 students per class and Art courses varies from 6 to 10.
Carefully selected accommodation.
Discounts for our students with our student card.
Italian Language Courses
Accademia del Giglio organize Italian language courses all year round for all levels, from beginner to advanced, according to the European Language portfolio: the school places considerable emphasis on the quality of its teaching.- Intensive Italian language courses in small classes (max. 7 students)
- One-to-one tuition
- Specific Italian classes
- Home tuition: study at the teacher's home
- Crash courses during weekends or weekdays
- On-line Italian language courses
We organize also Adult Programs and High School Programs and we focus on Lifelong Learning Objectives.
Center for Italian Studies
Accademia del Giglio is also committed to the study of Italian Authors, from the classical era to contemporary years and offers workshop and seminars about Italian Poetry and Creative Writing with lectures hold by the most famous Italian poets and writers. Accademia del Giglio is also particularly involved in equality opportunities.
Drawing and Painting CoursesDrawing and painting techniques: basic or advanced
- Fresco classes and other traditional techniques such as oil, watercolour, sanguine, charcoal and Life Drawing.
- Fine-arts workshops and seminars on one specific technique or subject, such as sketchbook, portrait, landscape, sanguine and other classical methods.
- One day Art classes in Florence and Chianti area, in the weekend and at the seaside.
- Long Term Art courses
Fine Arts Courses are held either in English and in Italian.
Art History Courses
- Italian garden and the Tuscan villas will take you to admire some of the most famous Medici’s villas on the outskirts of Florence.
- History of Italian fashion is a journey back to the glorious past of the Italian fashion with the help of famous paintings as well as of visits to various fashion museums in the Florence areas such as the Ferragamo and the Gucci museums.
- One-day Art History classes: short and intensive programs
Italian language, Literature and Culture
- Italian small classes
- Italian one-to-one
- Term and Semester
- Italian seminars
- Italian crash courses
- Specific Italian
- Home Tuition
- On-line Italian
- Center for Italian Studies
- Art classes
- Life Drawing
- Summer Workshops
- Winter Seminars
- One day in Art
- Art in the Week-end
- Art Therapy
- Long Term
- Training course for Fine Art Academies
- The Renaissance Florence
- The Italian Garden and the Italian Villas
- History of Italian Fashion
- One-day courses